This too is a love story!


on

No comments



“Kavitha! My marriage has got fixed”
.
“Hey! Congratulation Prakash! But why are you so sad for that. You are supposed to be happy. Are n’t  you”
.
“Had I told it to someone else, I would have told it happily,kavi! But I am not able to pretend to be happy to you”
.
“hm.. You have not forgotten anything I suppose..”
.
“How kavitha?  How can I forget it so easily.. forget me.. what about you? Have you forgotten everything?”
.
“Forgetting and not forgetting are all beyond the discussion Prakash. I am pretty clear. Moreover, thinking about the past I am not ready to lose a good friend like you”
.
“Friend? Pease do not use the word “friend” any more kavita! I am not so cheap to claim my lover as my friend”
.
“But I ve never thought you so!”
.
“You are lying”
.
“If you think so.. That’s not my mistake”
.
“for argument sake you are telling it”
.
“huh, In that case, You do not know the difference between truth and argument”
.
“No, you do not the difference between love and friendship”
.
“c mon. This is going crazy”
.
“… You are cheating yourself kavitha! Tell me frankly, from the bottom of your heart, Don’t you love me? For heaven sake accept it kavi! I ll spend the rest of my life by hearing those words”
.
“I ve alredy told whatever I wanted to tell you Prakash! There is no point in asking it again and again. Just for your happiness I don’t want to lie and I don’t need to do so also”
.
“Sh*t! why the hell all the girls are so tough-hearted?”
.
“No! Boys only confuse themselves without exactly knowing what is love and what is not”
.
“Sick! Boys are all stupid and girls are the most intelligent creatures on the earth. Aren’t they?”
.
“I didn’t mean it”
.
“Then? What else did you mean?”
.
“Cool down prakash! I guess you are little confused! Take a breadth! You are going to get married soon. A new angel is going to enter your life to bring you all the success under….”
.
“F**k off, you and your bloody philosophies.  Please do not advise me; rather you kill me with a sword!”
.
“Ok. Leave it! What do you want me to do?”
.
“Don’t do anything. Keep quiet for some time”
“…”
“…”
“…”
“…”
“…”
.
“Kavitha!”
.
“Hmm!”
.
“Over these eight years, as I ve felt, did you not feel anything? To tell in your words, have you not ever thought about taking our friendship to the next level?”
.
“..”
.
“why are you silent? Answer me kavitha?”
.
“No Prakash! Honestly speaking I ve never thought so.. you believe it or not, I have always seen you as a good friend only”
.
“But I am not able to think so kavi!”
.
“That’s not your mistake Prakash! You like me. You believe that I will be a good wife to you. I am not able to think about it wrongly from any angle and you have never made me feel uncomfortable with you”
.
“Then you can agree to me”
.
“See Prakash! Again I am telling, I like you so much. This eight years you have taken care of me like nobody else in the earth can! You have proposed very decently. Starting from exams to the interviews, in all simple things you helped me largely. But..”
.
“But what..?”
.
“But that does not necessarily mean that we should become life partners. There is nothing that you do not know. I do have certain limitations. Some family and societal restrictions. Fortunately or unfortunately, I ve  been brought up in that culture”
.
”I am ready to come and talk to your parents also right.. why aren’t you accepting it..”
.
“No Prakash! They believe so much that we are only friends. We should not disappoint them at any cost.”
.
“How kavitha! For all questions you have a ready-made answer”
.
“If there is a question there is supposed to be an answer too Prakash”
“…”
“…”
.
“Ok what are you telling finally?”
.
“I am telling that I ll come as the first guest for your marriage”
.
“I am not ask…”
.
“”Prakash! If we talk like this we would keep on talking like this forever. Leave it! Forget everything and enjoy your married life. Where am I going to go? I am going to be here only, with you always”
.
“..”
.
“even If you ignore me, I ll not hate you. I ll always be there to hear your philosophies. I ll pat on your head, whenever you do small mischievous things. I am going to be the first reader of all your articles. For all your birthdays I am going to be the first wisher. Ok?”
.
“hmm.. ok”
.
“why are you making a disgusting face dear?! look here! Bring the Prakash-only-trademark-smile in your face”
.
“ee..eee”
.
“Yes! That’s my boy! Then, give your fiancé’s phone number. I ll have to tease her for some time”
.
“9036131410”
.
“K Prakash! I am leaving… I ll go home and SMS you”
.
“..hei!”
.
“..hmm.. tell me!”
.
“…”
.
“..”
.
“You are a wonderful article kavitha! (long pause)
Take care and I mean it, really”

.
“…Th... Thanks Prakash! Bye!”


Leave a Reply