The beautiful kiss!


No comments


Hold on my dear friends. The subject can mislead you as you all are in the same age of mine. I understand. And knowing me, you would have bet on something that is totally different from what we are going to discuss here. Let’s move on! (Its mostly my brothers article and a few comments are mine J)


It’s been a week since I started to cook. Within that I burnt my fingers twice, cut my finger once while cutting vegetables, messed up the entire a kitchen in a span of minutes and spent hours together in cleaning. All these chaos made me write this small article which in all seriousness a sentimental one!

Have we ever thought how many times our mom would have hurt herself since she started cooking? Have we ever heard her complaining? Have we ever seen her taking a break from the kitchen? She would never say that she is hurt, that’s the beauty of perpetual mother love.

I have been to kitchen a lot of times to eat the snacks that she keeps for us and to loot the money she saves from market shopping. But hardly a few times I have helped her in cooking. And recently, I was helping my mom in cooking for about a week’s time when she was ill. I tell you my dear friend, it is tough. I am not talking from the perspective of just cooking but from the myriad varieties that she brings to your dining table without ever compromising on quality.

FlashBack: Recently I prepared the worst ever eatable (?!!) Maggie in an hour. (But in advertisements they claim Maggie can be made in two mins) And the question of the hour is, can Maggie really be made in two minutes? Barring Rajnikanth, No one could ever make it, I swear. Put aside your thoughts of him making ‘kothu-Parotta’ in -25 seconds!!

You talk about cooking and its demons. But in a sense, that too can come handy over a period of time as my recently married sister supposes.  Spare a thought for cleaning. It is difficult to describe and it’s the most disgusting part of cooking I would say. How many of us wash our plates after eating? (For the matter the vessels that we use.. Ah.. I am afraid to go to the sink in the early morning) And if you are aware of the way our guys eat chicken and mutton you must be holding your stomach by now. (Attention all Rajkirans!)

You come to realize the greatness of your mom’s cooking either when you cook for yourself or your over-enthusiastic wife comes up with something like a puliogare-chicken-biriyani and tosses up a “Hows that honey?” at you.

In all emotions, we criticized our mothers hell lot of times for the food. But have we ever praised or thanked her for good food any day? Shame on us. I am not writing this to hurt anybody and I am not going to ask you to become bodhi dharma (neither can I) in a single night. What I want from you guys is once our mom is done with her work “Just give her a beautiful kiss with a tight hug and praise that the food she made that day is the best food that you have eaten in your life time”. See the joy and happiness in her face that’s what she wants from us, after all.

NOTE:  Strictly, please refrain if you have a lady cook in your room/home. Given this generation from your male cook too…

Leave a Reply